How you can help
Please help us to support people in the local community with such a wide variety of needs. You can do this by:
- Becoming a Friend of the Garden. Please contact us and we will be happy to send you details.
- Supporting our Events
- Buying a lottery ticket in the Mole Valley Community Lottery
- Making a donation: Your donations will be put to good use helping with our running costs. We need to raise £42,000 a year for the Garden and Academy.
- Organising a fundraiser
- Leaving a legacy
- Becoming a Support Volunteer
- Becoming a Supported Volunteer
- Organisation and Grant Support
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Days
Become a support volunteer
You do not need to be an expert gardener or very ‘crafty’ – an empathy for people and a capacity to work alongside others in a kind, gentle and non-judgmental way is what we look for.
We seek a diversity of experience in our support volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Garden please contact us.
“Once you’ve been there you really want to be part of it. … the garden has a magic”
Be part of the ethos of our Garden – ‘be kind, be gentle, be non-judgemental’.
Potential Supported Volunteers
We welcome anyone to the garden who could benefit from what we offer. We support people with a wide variety of need due to physical or mental health conditions, learning disabilities and isolation due to various circumstances.
We offer gardening, crafting and the opportunity to learn new skills in a safe and friendly space.
It is important that people are well enough to manage their own condition and ask for the help they need.
We take referrals from agencies and GPs, and it is possible to self-refer.
Organisation and Grant Support
How your business or organisation can get involved
If you are part of a company, local authority or local membership group looking to raise funds for a community project we would love to hear from you. Your support will directly fund the running of the Garden and help our work to bring positive change to people’s lives.
You can support us in many ways including donations, fundraising, grants, charity of the year campaigns, sponsorship or gifts in kind. Every little bit helps us as we need to raise £42,000 every year to carry on our work.
If you would like to find out more about how you can help us please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Days at The Patchworking Garden Project
Do you want to give back to your community and boost employee morale at the same time? Consider hosting a CSR day at The Patchworking Garden Project!
We are open to hosting CSR days for businesses four times a year on a Saturday morning for three to four hours.
To qualify, your employees must raise £500 for the garden. We encourage you to match this amount to encourage participation. A small team of employees can then come in to work in the garden, clearing areas, painting, and generally contributing to making PGP ready to be nurtured by its supported volunteers.
Hosting a CSR day at PGP is a great way to:
• Improve employee morale and engagement
• Build team spirit and collaboration
• Promote a culture of giving back
• Enhance your company’s reputation
• Attract and retain top talent
We would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you plan your day.
Who’s supporting our work?
Thank you to the great businesses and organisations that have supported us over the past year. You are a vital part of the Patchworking Garden Project and we are hugely grateful for your generosity.
- Buckland Nursery has kindly supported us every year since we opened so we are hugely grateful.
- Made and Kind were a charity partner in 2021/22 along with Prenplants who made gifts in kind of plants for our events
- Waitrose Dorking gave us a donation towards new tools for our workshop as part of their Give a Little Love campaign.
- Land & Water Services gave us advice about our pond management and donated waders so we could follow their advice.
- Champions Dorking helped with free and reduced price timber for our raised beds.
- Community Foundation for Surrey (SES Water Fund & Orchid Environment Trust Fund) two grants towards the cost of running the Garden and the Academy.
- The Henry Smith Charity gave us the final tranche of £20k over 3 years supporting both the Garden and the Academy.
- The National Lottery kindly awarded us an additional grant to help us post the pandemic.
- In July 2022 we awarded a grant from the RHS Flourish Fund specifically for the staffing costs of the Academy.
Membership Group Supporters
- Reigate Heath Golf Club made us their Charity of the Year and gave us donations over two years due to the pandemic
- Coveham Lodge in Cobham gave us a donation
Local Authority Partner
- Mole Valley District Council awarded us a grant towards the development of our new website.